Dragon Eyez Bahamas Blog

This blog is all about me (The Original Dragon Eyez) and my thoughts. Headlines and news in The Bahamas, movie reviews, random thoughts and observations. Visit Dragon Eyez Bahamas Blog today!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cable Bahamas goes Off Line

Two days ago the cable provider for The Bahamas, aptly named Cable Bahamas, went off line during their system upgrade which caused a lot of inconvenience to many Bahamian businesses due to the fact that their websites were down.

Cable Bahamas is the only cable provider throughout The Bahamas islands and because of this they control the industry. Not only do they provide cable television, but they are also Internet Service Providers (ISP) and therefore offer a data center where many local Bahamian companies have their online data stored.

Yesterday they were contacted many times so that we could find out what the trouble was. Their official statement was "We are aware of the problems." Well No Shit! You are the one's who created the problems in the first place because you did not have a contingency plan.

They were never able to give a time when their service would be up and running again, because they had no idea. I was informed by one of my friends who happens to be a CEO of a local web design company with many Bahamian clients, said that one of the guys at the top of Cable Bahamas, Tony Butler said (and I may be paraphrasing this), "I don't care. You want to leave us? Go."

Nice attitude Tony. Nice attitude Cable Bahamas. Way to go!

Today many Bahamian online businesses were still suffering because of the lack of care and lack of preparation by Cable Bahamas. A little after half way today I received my email and since then they have not gone off line. I have my fingers crossed in hopes that they will not go down like this again. If they do I will have to show up on their door step with a shotgun.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home