Dragon Eyez Bahamas Blog

This blog is all about me (The Original Dragon Eyez) and my thoughts. Headlines and news in The Bahamas, movie reviews, random thoughts and observations. Visit Dragon Eyez Bahamas Blog today!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Talk

I walked into Niko's, the bar where JP and I decided to meet. I did not know anyone there, which is a good thing because JP and I had serious discussions to have.

He was running late. Stuck at a clients longer than he thought. I was finishing up my second Anejo & coke when he joined me at the bar. I must have been on my sixth cigarette. I was feeling a little nervous meeting him, because I knew we were going to get into some really deep shit. JP ordered a Bud Light and another Anejo & coke for yours truly.

We began with small chat which lead to "bullshit" and finally to the reason why we met at the bar that day. Drinks flowed from the bartender and down our hatches. More and more cigarettes were smoked as the conversation grew larger and larger.

I had the letter in my shirt pocket but JP did not want to read it. He didn’t even want to touch the paper that I printed my thoughts and feels on. It was like that letter was his kryptonite. I never expected to change the decisions that he had already made. I just thought that he needed to hear what I had to say before the wedding.

We discussed a lot of things at the bar that day. Guess you can say that I’m still a little miffed, but whatever. The funny thing is that JP is not my bestest, or even best friend. We’ve done a lot together and shared a lot of good times but maybe that’s where the buck stops. I never really thought about it too much, and I shan’t any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home