Dragon Eyez Bahamas Blog

This blog is all about me (The Original Dragon Eyez) and my thoughts. Headlines and news in The Bahamas, movie reviews, random thoughts and observations. Visit Dragon Eyez Bahamas Blog today!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Weekend in Hope Town, Abaco


Wow, what a trip! I thoroughly enjoyed myself this long weekend (Friday 14th to Monday 17th) in Abaco. This was my 1st time back to the islands since my sixth grade school trip, which was so like 16 years ago.

A fairly large group of us spent our Easter weekend vacation together. The only stress we had came from my sisters two little girls who are only two and four respectively. The youngest is a “mommy-clinger” or as my dad says a “sucker fish” (you know, the fish that sticks to sharks and clean them). Anyway, it was such a joy spending time with family and friends together on a different island.

We had planned for just about everything. We took coolers filled up with food. We even made a very large pot of chicken souse and froze it before we came to the island. Beers were purchased locally in Hope Town by one of our friends before we arrived. It was nice to get off the ferry, walk about 120 feet or less, and crack open a cold Stella Artois from the cooler filled with beer and ice.

We stayed in Hope Town in a perfectly sized wooden home with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, front porch, back patio, equipped kitchen, family room with sliding door to main patio area with barbeque grill and steps to the Crows Nest where one could easily gaze at the famous Hope Town Lighthouse, the marina, and the rooftops of many Bahamian island homes.

I had a blast in Hope Town and the day I spent at Nippers on Great Guana Cay. I’ll absolutely go back again; sooner rather than later. Well, it definitely won’t be another sixteen years.

I did not want to leave Hope Town; I felt right at home. However Marsh Harbour was a different story. It’s the “main land” like the city and that’s where all the trouble making people live. It was reminiscent of Nassau, which I don’t like at all. I’m thinking about leaving Nassau and making a move to Hope Town, Abaco.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home