Dragon Eyez Bahamas Blog

This blog is all about me (The Original Dragon Eyez) and my thoughts. Headlines and news in The Bahamas, movie reviews, random thoughts and observations. Visit Dragon Eyez Bahamas Blog today!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fay Floods Nassau

When I awoke this morning all I heard was rain pelting my windows and the wind howling as branches of my fruit trees snapped under the pressure.

I did not know what was going on. The previous night at about 11:30pm I saw the satellite image of Tropical Storm Fay and it had passed Nassau and was almost on top of Florida. This was one of it's many bands that hit us.

Forget about 'Raining Cats & Dogs' it was raining buckets of water. The roads of Nassau quickly flooded as the waters had no where to go. Next time I'll have to take the boat to work ;)

This morning I also had the pleasure of having a flat tire. I was loading my car with things to take to the office when I noticed my back right tire was almost on the rim. I could not do anything about it at the time so I hopped in my car and drove to the nearest gas station. I just needed a roof over my head so I could use 'Tire in a Can' which I had in my trunk.

I digress. It rained hard all bloody morning and the sky is still overcast. Fay felt like a hurricane but it was only a Tropical Storm.


FYI
"Fay is the sixth tropical storm of the 2008 Atlantic hurricane season.

Two of the tropical storms so far, Bertha and Dolly, have reached hurricane strength."

~BBC News

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is ok. Try a tornado one day and then we can compare notes... and an earth quake or two coupled with 110 degree temperatures...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home