Dragon Eyez Bahamas Blog

This blog is all about me (The Original Dragon Eyez) and my thoughts. Headlines and news in The Bahamas, movie reviews, random thoughts and observations. Visit Dragon Eyez Bahamas Blog today!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Look who's got The POX

After been sick for about 2 weeks I finally decided to go to the doctor and get some antibiotics to rid my body from whatever virus was sucking the life out of me. I went to see Dr. Christopher Basden at The Medi Center. After spending quite some time in the waiting room it was my turn to see him, and so my name was called from the list and I went into one of the examination rooms with one of the nurses who asked me some basic questions and took some of my vital statistics.

Dr. Basden came into the examination room I was in about seven minutes after the nurse had left. He did his basic tests too after reading the information the nurse had written down. He concluded that I had the cold/Flu and he prescribed for me a course of _____________ , an antihistamine (I don't remember the name), and 800mg ibuprofen tablets for the pain I was experiencing throughout my body.

I went home and thought nothing of it until I awoke the next morning to find red spots along my hairline and all on my neck. What had he given me? Was I having an allergic reaction to the antihistamine? I went back to the doctor and found out that I was,"...one of the ones that fell through the cracks." I looked puzzled and questioned the doctor, "What does that mean?"

"You have Chicken Pox" he replied.

"What!? I thought so." I was kinda hoping for that cause I had no idea what else it could be and I was a little afraid of the endless possibility that could surround and consume me. It was 'Sour Relief'. Relief because it could have been a lot worse. Sour because having Chicken Pox sucks! I soon realized this in the coming days.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not but, once getting up in age and not having The Pox the chance of you dying increases. In other words the older you are the higher the odds. This tormented me at night when I had the worse of my migraines. So many nights I awoke with high fevers, lots of shivers and migraines so painful it literally felt like my head would split open any minute.

Did I itch? Hell yeah I did. That's what's The Pox basically are - very, very itchy bumps that spread all over your body; careful where you touch. If there is one thing that I can say helped me get out in one piece that would be me being Very Careful. I constantly washed my hands and I had to develop new methods of doing certain duties (if you know what I mean?).

My head caused me the most pain. Besides the migraines the bumps were a dime-a-dozen on my scalp. They were so sore *sniff* *sniff* ;(

The only way to get through The Chicken Pox is to use calamine lotion often. I also highly recommend using Aveeno® Soothing Bath Treatment which is made from 100% natural colloidal oatmeal which relives itchy skin too. It also helped to have a few cans of LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray on hand to help kill the virus and stop it spreading to anyone else.

Luckily after two weeks of pain and agony The Pox were scabbing up and I'm happy to say that I had no scaring.

This is a picture I took of myself a few
days after The Chicken Pox started appearing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home