Dragon Eyez Bahamas Blog

This blog is all about me (The Original Dragon Eyez) and my thoughts. Headlines and news in The Bahamas, movie reviews, random thoughts and observations. Visit Dragon Eyez Bahamas Blog today!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Worst Fishing Day Ever?

Yesterday at seven o'clock in the morning I joined Ian "Still Green" and my brother on a Tuna fishing excursion to Andros. It took us about an hours time to reach our destination. Andros Island, which is located to the left of New Providence Island, is the largest island in The Bahamas.

Thanks for that little information. Great!

Anyway, after reaching our destination we rigged up and dropped our lines. After waiting for a while the line is taken and we fight to bring in the fish. We notice that it's a shark - Great; nice way to start it off. We cut the line and drop new ones again. Nothing bites. "Where are the fishes?"

"Time for a beer" suggested my brother.
"Yeah!" I replied,"What time is it? It doesn't matter, cause it's beer thirty!"

We cracked our beers, said "cheers" and realized that the rest of the day might remain fish less. After remaining out in Andros and catch-and-releasing five sharks and four barracuda, we decided that enough was enough so we headed back to Nassau, New Providence.

After cruising through Nassau Harbour, we cut around to Paradise Island, anchored, and jumped into the cool inviting aquamarine waters. It was a welcomed and most deserved reward for our hard work in the blistering heat.

Worst day fishing? I don't know. It could have been a hell of a lot worse. Trust me! All in all it was a good day out, we just had a very unlucky day fishing.

"Next shark I catch - I making Shark Fin Soup!"

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Florida Fisher said...

I've had it like that before. It sux when nothings biting.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Blues Riders said...

Hi! That is what we called patient.. I'm always be like that before. Be free to visit my blog. Thanks.

 
At 5:06 AM, Anonymous tayo said...

Lovely article post. Sometimes your fishing skills might be of the hook.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home